Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Day 55

Tonight the woman's group at church started a new Beth Moore study.  For the next nine weeks we will be working on an intense spiritual workout called Believing God.  I am so excited to see what the LORD will be doing in all of our lives.  Just the fact that I am comfortable in a group of women in big for me, but I know that HE has so much more planned.  Recently, I have just begin to understand the GOD has an inheritance for me, a spiritual promise land in this world. 

I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened so you may know what is the hope of His calling, what are the glorious riches of His inheritance among the saints, and what is the immeasurable greatness of His power to us who believe, according to the working of His vast strength.  {Ephesians 1: 17-19}

Notice the wording "hope of His calling."  Even though all who come to HIM are saved, not all of us will receive the inheritance on earth.  That is reserved for those who's theology has merged with their reality...those who don't just talk the talk, but also walk the walk.  According to this evenings study, God is asking "Child, can I trust you with what I want to do with you?"  HE never forces us into HIS will and our inheritance, but HE has it waiting for all who will look.

But from there, you will search for the LORD your God, and you will find Him when you seek Him with all your heart and all your soul.  {Deuteronomy 4: 29}

God is waiting for my whole hearted faith.  The following five statements are part of the study and a set out, one for each finger to create a "shield of faith."  It is a personal reminder of what it really means to believe in God. 

Five-Statement Pledge of Faith
(part of the Beth Moore study Believing God)
  1. God is who HE says HE is.
  2. God can do what HE says HE can do.
  3. I am who GOD says I am.
  4. I can do all things through CHRIST.
  5. GOD's Word is alive and active in me.

1 comment:

  1. I hope that you had a wonderful Christmas. Have a wonderful New Year!!

    ReplyDelete