Thursday, September 9, 2010

DAY 29

For years, I have been asking GOD why HE made me the way HE did. Let’s face it; I’m not “normal.” Even my family considers me an odd ball. I’m an artist: a little off beat, frequently misunderstood, essentially unable to blend in with the rest of society…There was a time I resented this and when my attempts to change me failed, I struggled my hardest to at least hide it. This quote from Amy Gerstler describes me very well: “Some of us grow up doing credible impressions of model citizens (though sooner or later hairline cracks appear in our facades). The rest are dubbed eccentrics, unnerved and undone by other peoples company, for which we nevertheless pine. Curses, outbursts, and distracting chants simmer all day in the Crock-Pots of our heads.”


The truth is, there is nothing wrong with me…or at least not with my personality. That is how GOD chose to create me and HE did it on purpose.

But who are you-anyone who talks back to God? Will what is formed say to the one who formed it, “Why did you make me like this?” {Romans 9:20}

Just like I create each my pieces as one-of-a-kind items with their own particular purpose and function, GOD has created me the same way. Yet, better than that…GOD’s design plan is flawless. Yes, as a human I am flawed and sinful, but who I am was created with an intended purpose in GOD’s kingdom. HE is going to use me in a way that only HE can see, my job is to submit and obey…and be myself. If I am busy trying to be somebody else or to stifle who I am, my eyes will not be where HE intends them to be.

Therefore since we also have such a large cloud of witnesses surrounding us, let us lay aside every weight and the sin that so easily ensnares us, and run with endurance the race that lies before us, keeping our eyes on Jesus, the source and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that lay before Him endured a cross and despised the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of God’s throne. {Hebrews 12:1-2}

Our focus in life should be to simply run the race. I belong to Christ and as I run, HE will change the parts of me that HE needs changed. I must simply run and trust: desiring only to know HIM and HIS will, to be a tool in HIS all knowing hands.

My goal is to know Him and the power of His resurrection and the fellowship of His sufferings. {Philippians 3: 10}

No comments:

Post a Comment