Thursday, August 12, 2010

DAY 1

Forty-eight hours ago, I walked out on yet another destructive relationship. Going in I saw all the red flags, but blindly stumbled right by them. I was lonely and sometimes lonely takes over.



The past two days have been the most relaxing I have had in six months. Yes, everything has changed rapidly and dramatically, but it’s for the better. I may be sleeping on a friends couch and living out of a suitcase while I look for an apartment, but nobody is yelling at me or yanking me around with emotional manipulation. I know that eventually lonely is going to come back, but I am ready to beat it this time. I am going to work hard, focus on school and art, start exercising again, and just enjoy doing what I do. I am trying to learn to let go and let God. Most importantly, I am going to start seeking him again and doing things HIS way.

4 comments:

  1. I want to be the first to post here. You have just done the best thing you could ever do for you! I am so happy for you. I want to check in and see how you are doing here. I will also be praying for you to have the strength you need to do this. Just let God lead you and you cannot go wrong. Listen to Him. If it is His will, He will have the right person just for you when you are ready. Only then. So just stay on the right track and do what you need to do for a strong YOU.

    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the tree picture, climbing to a new level. God be with you on your journey.
    So many people just make the same mistakes over and over, not learning from the pain. I heard a quote once, "A woman without a man is like a fish without a bicycle."
    You need to be a conplete, self-sufficient person first, then you can make decisions on that basis, not just feeling you need someone to make you complete.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have my prayers throughout your journey, my sister. :)

    Don't let lonely tempt you. Keep busy and stay in His word and you will be just fine.

    Cindy Lou, I love that quote LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of prayers and hugs.

    Farmgirl love and support.

    ReplyDelete