Tuesday, August 24, 2010

DAY 12

In reading the book of Romans I am continually being reminded how important it is to know scripture. No matter what point Paul is trying to make, he backs it up with Old Testament scriptures that many of his readers were probably already familiar with. It seems that in every chapter he says “as it is written” at least once. This has spurred me to begin scripture memorization again…something I have not done for quite awhile. This is the verse I am currently working on. I feel led to make it my life prayer.


Who perceives his unintentional sins? Cleanse me from my hidden faults. Moreover, keep your servant from willful sins; do not let them rule over me. Then I will be innocent, and cleansed from blatant rebellion. May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable to You, LORD, my rock and my Redeemer. {Psalm 19:12-14}

1 comment:

  1. this is a very humbleing verse to memorize too, just remember to fix it and not look back, when you ask God to forgive you he does, don't keep asking him to forgive you of the same sin...as that is a sin itself as you are not trusting him to forgive you....

    ReplyDelete