Monday, August 16, 2010

DAY 5

I need spiritual food. I can already feel myself slipping. My ex-boyfriend brought most of my things over this morning and unloading his truck it finally hit me that I am physically alone…again. I don’t belong anywhere or with anyone. I know that I am never truly alone, but sometimes it sure feels like it. Unfortunately, of all the things he brought over today, the suitcase with my Bible in it wasn’t among them.


I didn’t go to church yesterday: partly because I was exhausted and partly because I was afraid. Sitting through a blistering sermon doesn’t faze me, I know I need a few good talking’s to. There are many areas in my life that need major correction. Making those corrections is going to be painful, but with God’s hand they will also bring freedom and comfort. What intimidates me are the people. Meeting new people in the context of a church isn’t easy for me anymore. I need the fellowship and long for a church family, but I am terrified that I will be turned away.

All in all, I still know that I am tremendously blessed. I have a loving family and supportive friends. I was given a job the very moment I needed it and I am living in one of the nicest apartment buildings in town.

3 comments:

  1. When I moved from Ohio to Texas last year, I couldn't find my bible. It was awful.

    I left my family and friends 1300 miles away. I knew no one but my SIL. I found a small but very welcoming church. If you don't feel comfortable in the church that you go to, you may want to look for another one. I am thinking of looking into another one. There aren't many younger people with kids. I need that.

    Take the time to go to the library and check out a bible or go and buy one. There are used book stores everywhere. It does make it much easier. Peruse a Christian store or a book store for a daily devotional. My Guidebook Daily Devotional starts my day. It makes a HUGE differance. Some of the stories jump right out at me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have six, I will mail one to you if you would like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, both of you. By the time I could get one in the mail, I will have the rest of my stuff (I hope). I think I will leave a bit early for work and swing by the local thrift store. It's only a block out of my way and they have a pretty good sized book section. Hopefuly, there will be a Bible.

    ReplyDelete